Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Name Signs

So I have this new obsession.....the DI! My husband is embarassed and my mama is proud! You can seriously get some GOOD stuff to re-craft at the DI! I got these pieces of wood for $1 each. (Sorry, I forgot the before photo but TRUST ME, they were ugly! They were pastel easter colors with words like "Beautiful" and "Bloom" in white vinyl lettering, Yuck.) I decided to make each of the kids a little name plate to hang in their rooms. I'm sure if I had more time I would have done more than just paint and stickers, but I was short on time so I whipped these up in a few hours.


I don't have a Cricuit (hint hint husband!) so I use Thickers from American Crafts. (Having a MIL who works for them pays off! I get free craft supplies all the time. Bonus!) The awesome thing about Thickers is you can spray acrylic over them and they still look great! (Even the glittery ones still sparkled!)

Also it's important to note.....drilling holes in wood only works when the drill is not set on 'reverse'. Although I actually DID get one hole in on reverse, I completely broke the drill bit into 4 pieces. Sorry honey!!

No comments: