Before (Sorry, you must suffer the gloss of my table cover, I was too lazy to move it.)
What I did:
1. Measure and cut all sides of paper.
2. Sand as much paint off as I could. (It was on there pretty thick too. I didn't get to the base wood but I wanted to at least get the glossy finish off so my paper would stick.)
3. Paint parts that are going to show. (I always paint the seams too, like where two pieces of paper will meet.) I also did 3 coats.
4. Mod Podge the paper to the inside of the box first, then 2 of the sides. Let it dry for 1 day then do the other 2 sides.
5. Let it all dry for another day before spraying with Acrylic Spray.